Re: Newbie question: Any good resources on Java programming?

Discussion in 'Java' started by Hugo Pragt, Sep 15, 2003.

  1. Hugo Pragt

    Hugo Pragt Guest

    The best book I have ever read on java is Bruce Eckel's. you can get it
    electronical here : http://64.78.49.204/
    (www.bruceeckel.com). The man is a King!

    Hugo

    Hugo Pragt, Sep 15, 2003

  2. [OT] Timberwolf spam (was: Re: Newbie question: Any good resources on Java programming?)

    Hugo Pragt:

    >The best book I have ever read on java is Bruce Eckel's. you can get it
    >electronical here : http://64.78.49.204/
    >(www.bruceeckel.com). The man is a King!

    The original article originates from some kind of bot:
    <http://groups.google.com/groups?as_epq=newbie%20question%20any%20good%20resources&as_uauthors=timberwolf>.
    It posts "Newbie question: Any good resources on $TOPIC" plus some
    topic-specific additional sentence to all kinds of newsgroups.

    Regards,
    Marco
    Marco Schmidt, Sep 15, 2003

  3. Hugo Pragt

    Larry Coon Guest

    Hugo Pragt wrote:

    > The best book I have ever read on java is Bruce Eckel's. you can get it
    > electronical here : http://64.78.49.204/
    > (www.bruceeckel.com). The man is a King!

    Before anybody else answers -- you're dealing with a troll.
    Here's a post on rec.sport.basketball.pro, and I've seen more
    on other newsgroups:

    ------------------

    Subject: Newbie question: History of the NBA
    Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 02:16:40 +0800
    From: "Timberwolf" <>
    Newsgroups: rec.sport.basketball.pro

    Hi everyone

    I'm new to the world of professional basketball.

    I'd like to find out more about the history of
    the NBA, can anyone recommend some good books or websites
    about the topic?

    Thanks in advance.

    Best Regards,
    Gary Hendricks
    http://www.desktop-video-guide.com

    Pretty silly way of getting your website out there, but to each
    his own I guess....

    Larry Coon
    University of California
    Larry Coon, Sep 15, 2003