Re: Newbie Question: Error Received

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by David Waz..., Jul 6, 2003.

  1. David Waz...

    David Waz... Guest

    Have you changed the NameSpace field under project properties - check
    upper/lower case
    Have you changed the name or location of the project?
    Have you copy-pasted any of the HTML templates from other
    locations/projects?

    The <%@ Page ...%> tags, and other behind the scene files are important.
    Some are case sensitive. All must tie back correctly to namespace and
    project path.

    If you have moved things around manually, you may need to get into notepad
    to fix some minor HTTP pointers.

    "Adam Frazier" <> wrote in message
    > I'm receiving this error message and am rather new to ASP.NET. I cannot
    > figure out for the life of me how to fix. Any help?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    > ----------------------------------
    >
    > Server Error in '/asp.net' Application.

    > ----
    >
    > Could not load type ASP.Global_asax from assembly tr2jvvnb,

    Version=0.0.0.0,
    > Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.
    >
    > Exception Details: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type
    > ASP.Global_asax from assembly tr2jvvnb, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
    > PublicKeyToken=null.
    >
    > Source Error:

    web
    > request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception

    can

    > Stack Trace:
    >

    > [TypeLoadException: Could not load type ASP.Global_asax from assembly
    > tr2jvvnb, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.]
    > System.Reflection.Assembly.GetType(String name, Boolean throwOnError)

    +0
    > System.Web.Compilation.BaseCompiler.GetCompiledType() +412
    > System.Web.UI.ApplicationFileParser.CompileIntoType() +52
    > System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemThroughCompilation()

    +126

    > [HttpException (0x80004005): Could not load type ASP.Global_asax from
    > assembly tr2jvvnb, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.]
    > System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemInternal(Boolean
    > fCreateIfNotFound) +692
    > System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemWithNewConfigPath() +125
    > System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItem() +88
    > System.Web.UI.ApplicationFileParser.GetCompiledApplicationType(String
    > inputFile, HttpContext context, ApplicationFileParser& parser) +171
    > System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.CompileApplication(HttpContext

    context)
    > +43
    > System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.Init(HttpContext context) +485
    > System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetApplicationInstance(HttpContext
    > context) +170
    > System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr)

    +414

    David Waz..., Jul 6, 2003