Re: No background repeat

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Mark Parnell, Apr 1, 2004.

  1. Mark Parnell

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 15:34:45 GMT, "Lars Hedström"
    <> declared in alt.html:

    > Well, this code works:

    In case you missed what William was trying to say, ;-)

    > style=3D"background-repeat: no-repeat"

    That _is_ CSS. It is just inline, instead of in the <head> or an
    external stylesheet.

    BTW: Are those "3D"s a problem with your newsreader, or are they really
    in your code?

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au
    Mark Parnell, Apr 1, 2004

  2. Mark Parnell <> wrote:

    > BTW: Are those "3D"s a problem with your newsreader, or are they really
    > in your code?

    Looks like OE spitting out Quoted Printable with no reason and without
    even including Mime headers. I would recommend using a newsreader, or
    taking some time to configure OE behave like one, as far as possible.

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
    Jukka K. Korpela, Apr 1, 2004

  3. Mark Parnell wrote:

    > BTW: Are those "3D"s a problem with your newsreader, or are they really
    > in your code?

    It's a problem with the quoted-printable MIME encoding. '=' has a special
    meaning, so it has to be escaped as '=3D'. (Think how '&' has to be
    escaped as '&amp;' in HTML.)

    Normally there would be no problem with that and your newsreader would
    automatically display them as just '=', but fomr some reason Lars'
    newsreader forgot to include 'Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable'
    in the headers.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby A Inkster, Apr 1, 2004