Re: [nonpolitical] building a website

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Larry Gates, Feb 26, 2009.

  1. Larry Gates

    Larry Gates Guest

    On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 06:46:36 -0500, Just Judy wrote:

    > On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 01:09:49 -0500, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Or if you meant a group about writing HTML, then alt.html

    > Those folks at alt.html are my heroes. With their help, I was
    > able to put up a page many years ago. Without them, it would have
    > taken 4,791 hours to do so; with them, it was reduced to a snappy 2,488
    > hours of effort. ;)
    >
    > Ask, and they will answer.

    Hello alt.html,

    A few months back, I was run over while on my bike. The biker gets the
    worst of it, and as the ambulance is taking me away, she tells the cop I
    ran into her.

    So we're going to trial, and I want to have a means to hand someone a card,
    or respond to an url written on a sign or advertisement, and have that get
    to me.

    I rented space from go-daddy and configured an email. I got the nvu site
    builder. How do I make a button or have something that will send an email
    to ?

    Thanks for your comment and cheers,
    --
    larry gates

    Down that path lies madness. On the other hand, the road to hell is
    paved with melting snowballs.
    -- Larry Wall in <>
    Larry Gates, Feb 26, 2009

  2. Larry Gates

    Larry Gates Guest

    On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 18:28:14 -0700, Larry Gates wrote:

    > On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 06:46:36 -0500, Just Judy wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 01:09:49 -0500, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Or if you meant a group about writing HTML, then alt.html

    >> Those folks at alt.html are my heroes. With their help, I was
    >> able to put up a page many years ago. Without them, it would have
    >> taken 4,791 hours to do so; with them, it was reduced to a snappy 2,488
    >> hours of effort. ;)
    >>
    >> Ask, and they will answer.

    > Hello alt.html,
    >
    > A few months back, I was run over while on my bike. The biker gets the
    > worst of it, and as the ambulance is taking me away, she tells the cop I
    > ran into her.
    >
    > So we're going to trial, and I want to have a means to hand someone a card,
    > or respond to an url written on a sign or advertisement, and have that get
    > to me.
    >
    > I rented space from go-daddy and configured an email. I got the nvu site
    > builder. How do I make a button or have something that will send an email
    > to ?
    >
    > Thanks for your comment and cheers,

    Judy was wrong.
    --
    larry gates

    The human psyche is a mishmash of rules of thumb, and Einstein's thumb
    is only two of them.
    -- Larry Wall in <>
    Larry Gates, Mar 2, 2009