Re: now you can code your java programs directly online!

Discussion in 'Java' started by lewbloch, Jul 24, 2011.

  1. lewbloch

    lewbloch Guest

    Rajesh Moorjani wrote:
    > hi all,
    >
    > if [sic] youre [sic] looking to learn and write java [sic] code,  you can now code your
    > java [sic] programs directly online at ...

    Please do not multipost. It's rude, fragments conversations, and
    fools people into thinking you might be a spammer.

    Limited cross-posting is acceptable, although posting to both clj.help
    and clj.programmer is somewhat redundant.

    Multiposting is evil.

    --
    Lew
    lewbloch, Jul 24, 2011

  2. sorry about the cross-posting Lew. will be more careful next time!

    rajesh

    Rajesh Moorjani, Jul 25, 2011

  3. lewbloch

    lewbloch Guest

    On Jul 25, 11:03 am, Rajesh Moorjani <>
    wrote:
    > sorry about the cross-posting Lew. will be more careful next time!

    Please understand I am not saying anything bad about your site at all.

    Just for reference, cross-posting is not evil, albeit to some people
    it might be mildly annoying. I
    lewbloch, Jul 25, 2011
  4. lewbloch

    lewbloch Guest

    On Jul 25, 11:14 am, lewbloch <> wrote:
    > On Jul 25, 11:03 am, Rajesh Moorjani <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > > sorry about the cross-posting Lew. will be more careful next time!

    > Please understand I am not saying anything bad about your site at all.
    >
    > Just for reference, cross-posting is not evil, albeit to some people
    > it might be mildly annoying.

    Sorry - hit ENTER too quickly.

    Cross-posting is the placement of multiple newsgroups into the *same*
    post. In other words, you send once and it appears in multiple
    groups. For example, this post is cross-posted. Multi-posting is the
    placement of *separate* posts with substantially the same content, but
    sent individually one-by-one into multiple groups. It is multi-
    posting that is bad. Cross-posting is all right, if you are
    judicious. Don't send the same message to wildly different groups at
    once, and consider carefully if more than one group really needs to
    see the post.

    A good example of cross-posting is when a post about comparisons
    between C# and Java appears in a newsgroup about each language
    simultaneously. A bad example is when a post appears in a Java
    newsgroup and one about Justin Bieber, particularly if it's about
    neither topic.

    Carry on with your good work.

    --
    Lew