Re: number of bytes for each (uni)code point while using utf-8 asencoding ...

Discussion in 'Java' started by Lew, Jul 11, 2012.

  1. Lew

    Lew Guest

    On Tuesday, July 10, 2012 5:08:02 PM UTC-7, (unknown) wrote:
    > ~
    > I obviously and I would say -very clearly- meant a -file's encoding- is either incorrectly set by authors or is corrupted in transit. (I never said anything about failing disks ...)

    And those two cases were answered in your other thread.
    Obviously, and very clearly.

    Drop your attitude.

    Um, please.

    > ~
    > Sometimes we technical people sound like lawyers/politicians trying to correct peoples' minds and/or trying to prove something to one self

    Is that what you're doing?

    > ~
    > What I asked is an entirely technical question, namely; how to get the length of the sequence of bytes defining a code point

    And what was answered was a set of entirely technical responses,
    namely how to get the length of the sequence of bytes
    defining a code point.

    What is your problem?

    --
    Lew