Re: Objects and non-static member functions.

Discussion in 'C++' started by K4 Monk, Feb 20, 2011.

  1. K4 Monk

    K4 Monk Guest

    On Feb 20, 6:36 pm, Leigh Johnston <> wrote:
    > In C++ a member function is a member of a class not a member of an
    > object;

    correct me if I'm wrong, but virtual functions are not members?

    > in C++ an object is simply a region of storage; in C++ a
    > non-static member function is *invoked* on an object it is not part of
    > an object.
    >
    > Member functions (both static and non-static) only exist as machine code
    > in the text segment alongside non-member functions; inlined functions
    > (both member and non-member) exist as machine code in the calling
    > function in the text segment.
    >
    > HTH
    >
    > /Leigh

    and your point is?
    K4 Monk, Feb 20, 2011

  2. Leigh Johnston <> wrote:
    > This thread is a troll trap

    It just looks to me that you are trying very hard to get attention,
    so it really just attention-seeking maskeraded as some kind of odd
    meta-trolling.
    Juha Nieminen, Feb 20, 2011

  3. K4 Monk

    David Hutto Guest

    On Feb 20, 10:43 am, Juha Nieminen <> wrote:
    > Leigh Johnston <> wrote:
    > > This thread is a troll trap

    >   It just looks to me that you are trying very hard to get attention,
    > so it really just attention-seeking maskeraded as some kind of odd
    > meta-trolling.

    Check out my skillz.
    David Hutto, Feb 20, 2011
  4. K4 Monk

    K4 Monk Guest

    On Feb 20, 7:34 pm, Leigh Johnston <> wrote:
    > On 20/02/2011 14:06, K4 Monk wrote:
    >

    > > On Feb 20, 6:36 pm, Leigh Johnston<>  wrote:
    > >> In C++ a member function is a member of a class not a member of an
    > >> object;

    > > correct me if I'm wrong, but virtual functions are not members?

    > >> in C++ an object is simply a region of storage; in C++ a
    > >> non-static member function is *invoked* on an object it is not part of
    > >> an object.

    > >> Member functions (both static and non-static) only exist as machine code
    > >> in the text segment alongside non-member functions; inlined functions
    > >> (both member and non-member) exist as machine code in the calling
    > >> function in the text segment.

    > >> HTH

    > >> /Leigh

    > > and your point is?

    > I am not making a point I am simply stating some facts.  This thread is
    > a troll trap which will hopefully keep the trolls busy; maybe I have too
    > much time on my hands.
    >
    > /Leigh

    trolling is a art
    K4 Monk, Feb 20, 2011
  5. K4 Monk

    David Hutto Guest

    On Feb 20, 2:36 pm, K4 Monk <> wrote:
    > On Feb 20, 7:34 pm, Leigh Johnston <> wrote:

    > > > correct me if I'm wrong, but virtual functions are not members?

    > > > and your point is?

    > > I am not making a point I am simply stating some facts.  This thread is
    > > a troll trap which will hopefully keep the trolls busy; maybe I have too
    > > much time on my hands.

    > > /Leigh

    > trolling is a art

    The names Vinci... Da Vinci.