Re: % of font sizes...

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Stanimir Stamenkov, Jan 26, 2011.

  1. Wed, 26 Jan 2011 15:33:01 +0900, /heretic/:

    > I use Firefox with default settings.
    >
    > It would be really stupid to set a browser to different font size,
    > design a web page and try to convince others to adjust their browsers.

    It is not necessary to convince anyone to adjust his/her browser.
    Text in web pages flows to accommodate the available space. If your
    page doesn't display nicely at different font sizes (that is
    whatever the user font size preferences might be), and view port
    sizes for that matter, then you need to rethink the design of your page.

    I've already set my preferred font size and my preferred font size
    is exactly 100% of my preference. Why you think I would prefer 93%
    of my preference, for example?

    --
    Stanimir
    Stanimir Stamenkov, Jan 26, 2011

  2. Stanimir Stamenkov

    dorayme Guest

    In article <ihq929$h9b$-september.org>,
    Stanimir Stamenkov <> wrote:

    > Wed, 26 Jan 2011 15:33:01 +0900, /heretic/:
    >
    > > I use Firefox with default settings.
    > >
    > > It would be really stupid to set a browser to different font size,
    > > design a web page and try to convince others to adjust their browsers.

    > It is not necessary to convince anyone to adjust his/her browser.
    > Text in web pages flows to accommodate the available space. If your
    > page doesn't display nicely at different font sizes (that is
    > whatever the user font size preferences might be), and view port
    > sizes for that matter, then you need to rethink the design of your page.
    >
    > I've already set my preferred font size and my preferred font size
    > is exactly 100% of my preference. Why you think I would prefer 93%
    > of my preference, for example?

    Of course, OP does not really think this. He is just not aware of
    the issues involved.

    It is much harder to sort things out over usenet than face to
    face. I know one teacher who finds it much easier when she can
    get a physical grip on someone. She knows various "holds" and
    browses catalogues for restraining equipment (of course, not for
    the usual reason). She says it is very helpful in getting someone
    to concentrate.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Jan 27, 2011