Re: OFF TOPIC - Avatar

Discussion in 'HTML' started by idle, Jan 17, 2010.

  1. idle

    idle Guest

    On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 02:32:21 -0500, Ed Mullen wrote in alt.html:

    > Sorry. Saw the film tonight and I'm still having trouble coming down
    > despite several Jim Beams.
    >
    > Anyone else seen it and want to comment?

    Saw it in 2d. Then went to see it in 3D.
    Now, gotta get to an IMAX.

    Can't remember a bigger new release impact.

    --
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.
    idle, Jan 17, 2010

  2. idle

    Art Guest

    Imax is digital, DLP, not film. I was prepared to be disappointed.
    Amazingly, unlike the regular-rez theaters, the digital Imax looks just as
    good as film.

    Still, I'd like to see it without the glasses. We're going back to see it
    in 2D.

    Fun movie, genuinely awesome animation.

    Art, Jan 22, 2010