    Brian Wood
    Ebenezer Enterprises
    http://webEbenezer.net
    Ebenezer, Jan 8, 2012

  2. Ebenezer

    Ebenezer Guest

    On Jan 9, 11:54 am, (Drew Lawson) wrote:
    > In article <>
    >         Ebenezer <> writes:
    >
    > >On Jan 8, 1:17 pm, Leigh Johnston <> wrote:

    > >I watched Sound of Music over the holidays.  Climb every
    > >mountain, fjord every stream, follow every rainbow, till
    > >you find your dream.

    > Must have been the Norse version.

    I added a little European flavor.

    I enjoy visiting the American Swedish Institute --
    http://www.asimn.org -- from time to time.
    Ebenezer, Jan 9, 2012

  3. Ebenezer

    red floyd Guest

    On 1/9/2012 10:31 AM, Ebenezer wrote:
    > On Jan 9, 11:54 am, (Drew Lawson) wrote:
    >> In article<>
    >> Ebenezer<> writes:
    >>
    >>> On Jan 8, 1:17 pm, Leigh Johnston<> wrote:

    >>> I watched Sound of Music over the holidays. Climb every
    >>> mountain, fjord every stream, follow every rainbow, till
    >>> you find your dream.

    >> Must have been the Norse version.

    Clearly it is an ex-musical. It has ceased to be!
    red floyd, Jan 9, 2012
  4. Ebenezer

    T G Guest

    On Jan 9, 1:31 pm, Ebenezer <> wrote:
    > On Jan 9, 11:54 am, (Drew Lawson) wrote:
    >
    > > In article <>
    > >         Ebenezer <> writes:

    > > >On Jan 8, 1:17 pm, Leigh Johnston <> wrote:

    > > >I watched Sound of Music over the holidays.  Climb every
    > > >mountain, fjord every stream, follow every rainbow, till
    > > >you find your dream.

    > > Must have been the Norse version.

    > I added a little European flavor.

    Lutefisk?

    T G, Jan 9, 2012
  5. Ebenezer

    Ebenezer Guest

    On Jan 9, 3:15 pm, T G <> wrote:
    > On Jan 9, 1:31 pm, Ebenezer <> wrote:
    >

    > > I added a little European flavor.

    > Lutefisk?

    I've never tried it and don't think I'd like it.
    I know some Swedes that don't like it either.
    Ebenezer, Jan 10, 2012
  6. Ebenezer

    BCFD36 Guest

    On 1/9/12 1:15 PM, T G wrote:
    > On Jan 9, 1:31 pm, Ebenezer<> wrote:
    >> On Jan 9, 11:54 am, (Drew Lawson) wrote:

    >>> Must have been the Norse version.

    >> I added a little European flavor.

    > Lutefisk?
    >
    >> I enjoy visiting the American Swedish Institute --http://www.asimn.org-- from time to time.

    Lutefisk is NOT a flavor. It is more of a nastiness. When I was working
    in Norway, the locals we were working with served up the gelatinous mess
    one night. Being good guests, we ate it. It was horrible. It was awful.
    It was horribly awful or awfully horrible.

    We found out later they had a betting pool involving who would eat how
    much, etc. It was noted by us that some of the locals didn't eat very
    much of it. Nasty terrible stuff. Yech!

    --
    Dave Scruggs
    Captain, Boulder Creek Fire
    BCFD36, Jan 11, 2012
  7. Ebenezer

    BCFD36 Guest

    BCFD36, Jan 11, 2012
  8. Ebenezer

    Jorgen Grahn Guest

    On Wed, 2012-01-11, BCFD36 wrote:
    > On 1/9/12 1:15 PM, T G wrote:

    >>> I added a little European flavor.

    >> Lutefisk?
    >>

    > Lutefisk is NOT a flavor. It is more of a nastiness. When I was working
    > in Norway, the locals we were working with served up the gelatinous mess
    > one night. Being good guests, we ate it. It was horrible. It was awful.
    > It was horribly awful or awfully horrible.
    >
    > We found out later they had a betting pool involving who would eat how
    > much, etc. It was noted by us that some of the locals didn't eat very
    > much of it. Nasty terrible stuff. Yech!

    I did a small survey at work, and it seems "lutefisk" is an overloaded
    name: a rather neutral jelly-like fish dish popular (but also hated)
    in .se around Christmas, and a nastier version from .no.

    Or perhaps there's something genetical which makes some people immune
    and others not, just like with some bitter tastes.

    Perhaps Alf has some insight?

    /Jorgen

    --
    // Jorgen Grahn <grahn@ Oo o. . .
    \X/ snipabacken.se> O o .
    Jorgen Grahn, Jan 12, 2012
  9. Ebenezer

    BCFD36 Guest

    On 1/12/12 2:36 PM, Jorgen Grahn wrote:
    > On Wed, 2012-01-11, BCFD36 wrote:

    [stuff deleted]

    > Perhaps Alf has some insight?
    >
    > /Jorgen

    I thought Alf wanted to eat the cat. Or do I remember wrong.

    --
    Dave Scruggs
    BCFD36, Jan 13, 2012