Re: ~~Off Topic Question

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Mr. Clean, Jul 9, 2003.

  1. Mr. Clean

    Mr. Clean Guest

    In article <zrJOa.526162$>, se
    says...
    > I know this is off topic, but I figure someone here will know the answer.
    > Does anyone know where I can get the true type font Futura Bold at no cost?
    > It seems to be a common font (I have found dozens of variants - for fees
    > ranging from $20.00 - 99.00 US). I have been asked to work on a logo for a
    > client who wants the font to match his physical sign exactly. I called the
    > sign company who supplied me with the color and typeface they used. I hate
    > to ask them to supply the font file as well.

    Any time you need fonts, try posting a req to the alt.binaries.fonts NG.

    Mr. Clean, Jul 9, 2003

  2. "Mr. Clean" <> wrote in message
    > In article <zrJOa.526162$>,

    se
    > says...
    > > I know this is off topic, but I figure someone here will know the

    answer.
    > > Does anyone know where I can get the true type font Futura Bold at no

    cost?
    > > It seems to be a common font (I have found dozens of variants - for fees
    > > ranging from $20.00 - 99.00 US). I have been asked to work on a logo for

    > > client who wants the font to match his physical sign exactly. I called

    the
    > > sign company who supplied me with the color and typeface they used. I

    hate
    > > to ask them to supply the font file as well.

    > Any time you need fonts, try posting a req to the alt.binaries.fonts NG.

    Thanks for the reply. I knew my request was in the wrong group, but I also
    respect the input of a great many here and figured that someone would have
    dealt with a similar situation in the past and could offer some insight. I
    tend to believe that if you can't find the answer to a question with
    reasonable ease, ask someone who can point you in the right direction. I
    don't frequent many newsgroups, so I never really thought to look for a font
    group. I was hoping for a link to a site that had it. Your post will help me
    a lot. Thanks. I'll look around there if the client doesn't like what I have
    put together.
    I guess I should have expected some fallout for asking for advice here from
    some of those who chose to accuse me of being a thief. But I thought it
    would at least be accompanied by some help.

    As Always,
    Me

    Found Lacking, Jul 10, 2003

  3. In article <St1Pa.324$>, Found Lacking
    wrote:
    > > > It seems to be a common font (I have found dozens of variants - for fees
    > > > ranging from $20.00 - 99.00 US). I have been asked to work on a logo for

    > > > client who wants the font to match his physical sign exactly. I called

    > the
    > > > sign company who supplied me with the color and typeface they used. I

    > hate
    > > > to ask them to supply the font file as well.

    Aks them the maker of the font, explain that there is hundreds of
    varietes

    > > Any time you need fonts, try posting a req to the alt.binaries.fonts NG.

    > Thanks for the reply. I knew my request was in the wrong group, but I also
    > respect the input of a great many here and figured that someone would have
    > dealt with a similar situation in the past and could offer some insight.

    Ask comp.fonts or a.b.f with quality picture (in cf on url) of the logo
    to find the exactly right font. If they are serious company, they
    propably use quality fonts, and those are not free.

    Or go looking it yourself. If you have wound lots of fonts that have same
    name, how do you think people will know which one to look, when they
    don't even know how it should look?

    > I don't frequent many newsgroups, so I never really thought to look for a font
    > group. I was hoping for a link to a site that had it. Your post will help me
    > a lot. Thanks. I'll look around there if the client doesn't like what I have
    > put together.

    Try locating comp.fonts FAQ. There is lots of information about how to
    find specific font.

    > I guess I should have expected some fallout for asking for advice here from
    > some of those who chose to accuse me of being a thief. But I thought it
    > would at least be accompanied by some help.

    Well, from your first post and your name, you don't look too respectable.
    Never seen you posting here before on that name.

    Saapi lähettää meiliä, jos aihe ei liity ryhmään, tai on yksityinen
    tjsp., mutta älä lähetä samaa viestiä meilitse ja ryhmään.

    Lauri Raittila, Jul 10, 2003
  4. "Sid Ismail" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 05:03:53 GMT, "Found Lacking" <> wrote:
    >
    > : I asked for someone to help me find a font - that's it, no more. So, I

    guess
    > : the next person asking for an html tutorial would be called a thief as

    well?

    > Only if he emphasis "at no cost"
    >
    > Sid

    "Does anyone know where I can host a site for free?" There must be a lot of
    thieves in this group. I'll always prefer free to spending money. I never
    asked anyone for directions to a wares site. Comprehension isn't a real
    strong suit for some people here, is it?

    As Always,
    Me

    Found Lacking, Jul 10, 2003
  5. Mr. Clean

    Sid Ismail Guest

    On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 06:38:40 GMT, "Found Lacking" <> wrote:

    : "Does anyone know where I can host a site for free?"

    Try Tripod.

    My attention-span is low, so didn't read your entire post.

    ROFL

    Sid Ismail, Jul 10, 2003