Re: OFF TOPIC: What did Guido say?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Roel Vanhout, Jun 25, 2003.

  1. Roel Vanhout

    Roel Vanhout Guest

    He says, in Dutch, literally translated: I am Guido van Rossum and I
    imitate Woody Woodpecker (and then makes the Woody sound). The
    background to this is that there was a program on Dutch television, 10
    or more years ago, that was about cartoons and there was a part where
    kids (between something like 4 and 8 years old) could imitate their
    favourite cartoon character. They usually introduced themselves by
    saying their name, who they were imitating, and then did the imitation.
    It was very popular at the time - even after hearing the 1000th bad
    imitation of Donald Duck, there was something to it. It was something of
    a running joke at the time to imitate cartoon characters, usually
    introduced by saying one's name, to make the connection with the tv
    program. Can't remember what the program was called though, anyone?

    cheers,

    roel

    --
    Roel Vanhout - Programmer/Systems Administrator
    RIKS BV
    Roel Vanhout, Jun 25, 2003

  2. Roel Vanhout

    Guyon Morée Guest