Re: OFF TOPIC: What did Guido say?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Gerrit Holl, Jun 28, 2003.

  1. Gerrit Holl

    Gerrit Holl Guest

    Anders Hammarquist wrote:
    > Gerrit Holl <> wrote:
    > >hee de her linus torvalds oh ja utallar linux linux ;)

    > and that would really be:
    >
    > Hej, det här är Linus Torvalds och jag uttalar Linux Linux.

    This post actually more than quadruples the number of Google results
    on this phrase :)

    http://groups.google.nl/groups?q="H...x Linux"&hl=nl&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&filter=0

    Was: 1 result
    Is: 6 results
    After this one: 7 results

    "Hej" --> "Hello"?
    "det" --> "This"?
    "har" --> "here"?
    "ar" --> "is"?
    "och" --> "and"?
    "jag" --> "I"?
    "uttalar" --> "pronounce'?

    yours,
    Gerrit.

    --
    34. If a ... or a ... harm the property of a captain, injure the
    captain, or take away from the captain a gift presented to him by the

    Gerrit Holl, Jun 28, 2003

  2. In article <>,
    Gerrit Holl <> wrote:
    >Anders Hammarquist wrote:
    >> Gerrit Holl <> wrote:
    >> >hee de her linus torvalds oh ja utallar linux linux ;)

    >> and that would really be:
    >>
    >> Hej, det här är Linus Torvalds och jag uttalar Linux Linux.

    >This post actually more than quadruples the number of Google results
    >on this phrase :)

    Fascinating! (And this would make it 8 then.)

    >"Hej" --> "Hello"?
    >"det" --> "This"?
    >"har" --> "here"?
    >"och" --> "and"?
    >"uttalar" --> "pronounce'?

    Yes, though the phrase "det här är" is probably best translated as just
    "this is".

    /Anders

    Anders Hammarquist |
    Physics student, Chalmers University of Technology, | Hem: +46 31 88 48 50

    Anders Hammarquist, Jun 28, 2003