Re: On the default buffering of stdout and the future of CLC

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Chris McDonald, Feb 20, 2009.

  1. Han from China <> writes:

    >I'm going to show that people on this newsgroup, if their ideas about
    >portable C programs (and by extension, topicality) are to remain
    >consistent, will now have to recommend the fflush() even in the following
    >sequence:

    Interesting;
    after only a few months of saturating this newsgroup,
    you've now become one of the pedants that you used to despise....

    How many times a day do *you* read the Standards?
    How many times a day do you still think of Richard?

    --
    Chris.
    Chris McDonald, Feb 20, 2009

  2. Han from China <> writes:

    >I'm just curious: Aren't you in the least bit worried that your
    >students and colleagues may happen upon you on Usenet and see
    >you behaving like this? Do you have tenure agreements?

    Ah, the attempted personal attack.
    Only a few more steps to the Usenet tradition of likening people to Nazis.

    --
    Chris.
    Chris McDonald, Feb 21, 2009

  3. In article <gnnpde$p2i$>,
    Chris McDonald <> wrote:
    >Han from China <> writes:
    >
    >>I'm just curious: Aren't you in the least bit worried that your
    >>students and colleagues may happen upon you on Usenet and see
    >>you behaving like this? Do you have tenure agreements?

    >Ah, the attempted personal attack.
    >Only a few more steps to the Usenet tradition of likening people to Nazis.

    Religious fanatics, not Nazis. The group here reminds me of Jerry
    Falwell, Pat Robertson, and the millions like them around the world.

    P.S. Looks like you get the Godwin award.
    Kenny McCormack, Feb 21, 2009
  4. (Kenny McCormack) writes:

    >P.S. Looks like you get the Godwin award.

    That's what I was alluding to; I feel that Han From China
    (or Edward From Llama) is getting close to dropping his bottom lip.

    --
    Chris.
    Chris McDonald, Feb 21, 2009
  5. Han from China <> writes:

    >How come I never see you discuss C on this newsgroup? You've been here
    >for months and haven't made one C post, AFAIK.

    A few months? if "being here" can include reading, and not incessant
    posting, then I've been here for 26 years. Sorry about that.
    You probably can't remember when this newsgroup was once used to discuss C
    because you like the sound of your own voice.

    >... What are you afraid of?

    Afraid of? If I was afraid of something I'd start posting anonymously.

    I'm glad you thought we had a tango; me, I can't even remember it.
    You'll earn your clean slate when you cease your attacks on posters
    whose opinions you simply disagree with.

    --
    Chris.
    Chris McDonald, Feb 22, 2009
  6. In article <gnorce$pp0$>,
    Chris McDonald <> wrote:
    > (Kenny McCormack) writes:
    >
    >>P.S. Looks like you get the Godwin award.

    >That's what I was alluding to; I feel that Han From China
    >(or Edward From Llama) is getting close to dropping his bottom lip.

    Whatever that means...
    Kenny McCormack, Feb 22, 2009