Re: One interesting site

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Chaddy2222, Aug 22, 2008.

  1. Chaddy2222

    Chaddy2222 Guest

    ioni wrote:

    > On Aug 20, 7:38�am, richard <> wrote:
    > > Found this site tonite and figured it was a JS based thing.
    > > Until I looked at the source. The only JS on it is for the google ads
    > > stuff. If you view it without page styling, you'll see it's all UL/LI
    > > stuff.
    > >
    > > http://musicseek.info/index.htm
    > >
    > > As far as I can tell, it's all done with CSS.
    > > Not even a link to JS file.
    > >
    > > I may try and incorporate some of that stuff into my site just for
    > > fun.
    > >
    > > It's a shame there is no contact link.

    > Dear Richard,
    >
    > It is done with Java script - theck out the behaviour style file.
    > And actually you may want to avoid it rahter then use - please check
    > out this:
    > It is called XML DON'T
    > http://www.w3schools.com/Xml/xml_dont.asp
    >
    > I may be wrong, but w3schools is a very good reference site and if
    > they advise against it...

    W3Schools is not a good site for HTML or anything web related.
    They have a lot of things that are just wrong in the code.
    Chaddy2222, Aug 22, 2008

  2. On Aug 21, 11:42 pm, Chaddy2222 <spamlovermailbox-
    > wrote:
    > > I may be wrong, but w3schools is a very good reference site and if
    > > they advise against it...

    > W3Schools is not a good site for HTML or anything web related.
    > They have a lot of things that are just wrong in the code.

    I find W3Schools to be very useful with HTML, CSS, scripting, and
    more. I think the quantity of good information far outweighs the few
    times they might have something wrong.

    But to each his/her own

    --
    Travis
    Flash Crap: http://travisnewbury.blogspot.com
    Travis Newbury, Aug 22, 2008

  3. Chaddy2222 wrote:

    > ioni wrote:
    >
    > > On Aug 20, 7:38?am, richard <> wrote:
    > > > Found this site tonite and figured it was a JS based thing.
    > > > Until I looked at the source. The only JS on it is for the google
    > > > ads stuff. If you view it without page styling, you'll see it's
    > > > all UL/LI stuff.
    > > >
    > > > http://musicseek.info/index.htm
    > > >
    > > > As far as I can tell, it's all done with CSS.
    > > > Not even a link to JS file.
    > > >
    > > > I may try and incorporate some of that stuff into my site just for
    > > > fun.
    > > >
    > > > It's a shame there is no contact link.

    > > Dear Richard,
    > >
    > > It is done with Java script - theck out the behaviour style file.
    > > And actually you may want to avoid it rahter then use - please check
    > > out this:
    > > It is called XML DON'T
    > > http://www.w3schools.com/Xml/xml_dont.asp
    > >
    > > I may be wrong, but w3schools is a very good reference site and if
    > > they advise against it...
    > >

    > W3Schools is not a good site for HTML or anything web related.
    > They have a lot of things that are just wrong in the code.

    I generally use W3Schools site for quick reference only, and then only
    for XHTML and CSS. The XHTML reference reminds me which tags and
    attributes are in 1.0 Strict, and, of course, which attributes are
    available in each element. The CSS reference reminds me which
    properties are available (as each property is grouped by category), and
    what form each of these properties require (short names and number
    formats).

    --
    Kim André Akerø
    -