Re: One interesting site

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Harlan Messinger, Aug 22, 2008.

  1. richard wrote:
    > On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 02:26:20 -0700 (PDT), ioni <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> On Aug 20, 7:38 am, richard <> wrote:
    >>> Found this site tonite and figured it was a JS based thing.
    >>> Until I looked at the source. The only JS on it is for the google ads
    >>> stuff. If you view it without page styling, you'll see it's all UL/LI
    >>> stuff.
    >>>
    >>> http://musicseek.info/index.htm
    >>>
    >>> As far as I can tell, it's all done with CSS.
    >>> Not even a link to JS file.
    >>>
    >>> I may try and incorporate some of that stuff into my site just for
    >>> fun.
    >>>
    >>> It's a shame there is no contact link.

    >> Dear Richard,
    >>
    >> It is done with Java script - theck out the behaviour style file.
    >> And actually you may want to avoid it rahter then use - please check
    >> out this:
    >> It is called XML DON'T
    >> http://www.w3schools.com/Xml/xml_dont.asp
    >>
    >> I may be wrong, but w3schools is a very good reference site and if
    >> they advise against it...
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >> ioni

    > thanks for the info. I had seen the htc reference but had no clues.
    > They say it only works in IE. Wrong!
    > FF handles it with no problems.
    >
    > I have JS turned off and the site still works just fine.
    > I think the JS is there only for the google ads. Which I don't see
    > when it is turned off.

    In IE? I just loaded the page in IE7 with Javascript disabled and, no,
    the drop-down effect doesn't happen. The .htc file is indeed for this
    purpose: if you look at the code, you'll see that its purpose is to scan
    the stylesheets and to create event-driven Javascript handlers that do
    the same thing. It's an IE-only thing, since .htc is IE-specific. In
    Firefox, the CSS suffices.

    Harlan Messinger, Aug 22, 2008