Re: Only 11 More Days Until the Incessant Posting Ends

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by Gabor Sz, Mar 22, 2011.

  1. Gabor Sz

    Gabor Sz Guest

    On Sunday, March 20, 2011 10:34:14 PM UTC-4, Alessandro Basili wrote:
    > On 3/20/2011 11:37 AM, rickman wrote:
    > > Am I the only user of this group who does not appreciate the endless
    > > posting about the multi-conference being held in Las Vegas this
    > > summer? They seem to be having a couple of dozen conferences all in
    > > the same place on the same day. Sounds a little odd to me. Wouldn't
    > > it make more sense to have one conference that covers all the topics?
    > > I guess if they did that they couldn't post every other day without it
    > > being obvious. Instead the advertise each of the two dozen
    > > conferences once a month.
    > >
    > > Rick

    > You may "kill file" those messages. Check this option with your news reader.
    > If you are using Google Groups there's no hope (I'm sorry).
    >
    > Al

    Actually I'm using Google Groups and those messages
    are already hidden. I guess I have Rick to thank for
    that.

    -- Gabor
    Gabor Sz, Mar 22, 2011

  2. Gabor Sz

    rickman Guest

    On Mar 21, 10:02 pm, Gabor Sz <> wrote:
    > On Sunday, March 20, 2011 10:34:14 PM UTC-4, Alessandro Basili wrote:
    > > On 3/20/2011 11:37 AM, rickman wrote:
    > > > Am I the only user of this group who does not appreciate the endless
    > > > posting about the multi-conference being held in Las Vegas this
    > > > summer?  They seem to be having a couple of dozen conferences all in
    > > > the same place on the same day.  Sounds a little odd to me.  Wouldn't
    > > > it make more sense to have one conference that covers all the topics?
    > > > I guess if they did that they couldn't post every other day without it
    > > > being obvious.  Instead the advertise each of the two dozen
    > > > conferences once a month.

    > > > Rick

    > > You may "kill file" those messages. Check this option with your news reader.
    > > If you are using Google Groups there's no hope (I'm sorry).

    > > Al

    > Actually I'm using Google Groups and those messages
    > are already hidden.  I guess I have Rick to thank for
    > that.
    >
    > -- Gabor

    That's funny, I do flag them as spam, but they never seem to go away.
    The other spam tends to disappear. Oh, I am still using the older
    style interface. I tried the new groups interface and there all the
    spam goes away pretty quickly and anything I flag is gone
    immediately.

    I wonder why Google can't clear out the spam effectively from their
    standard interface while they do with the new interface.

    Rick
    rickman, Mar 22, 2011