Re: Only 11 More Days Until the Incessant Posting Ends

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by Gabor Sz, Mar 24, 2011.

  1. Gabor Sz

    Gabor Sz Guest

    On Wednesday, March 23, 2011 11:30:00 PM UTC-4, Alessandro Basili wrote:

    [snip]

    > p.s.: Gabor if you find the time please read the "Common questions about
    > using newsgroups" (<news:>),
    > especially Q6 and the related A6

    I suppose if I used a newsreader instead of Google Groups,
    then I could find the topic you posted the "link" to.

    -- Gabor

    Gabor Sz, Mar 24, 2011

  2. Gabor Sz

    scrts Guest

    > I suppose if I used a newsreader instead of Google Groups,
    > then I could find the topic you posted the "link" to.

    I use Outlook Express to read the news and also Google Groups via
    news.eternal-september.org. Registration is easy, I see no spam and also
    threaded messages is a huge advantage instead of web interface.

    Tomas D.

    scrts, Mar 27, 2011

  3. Gabor Sz

    Gabor Guest

    scrts wrote:
    >> I suppose if I used a newsreader instead of Google Groups,
    >> then I could find the topic you posted the "link" to.

    > I use Outlook Express to read the news and also Google Groups via
    > news.eternal-september.org. Registration is easy, I see no spam and also
    > threaded messages is a huge advantage instead of web interface.
    >
    > Tomas D.

    O.K. I'll give "Eternal September" a shot. This is posted
    via Thunderbird. Still from within TB I can see the links
    to <news:blah blah blah> but clicking on them doesn't do
    anything. With any luck, though this method doesn't send
    the reply to each author in addition to the group...

    Regards,
    Gabor

    Gabor, Mar 28, 2011