Re: onMouseOver and onMouseOut

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Neredbojias, Sep 9, 2010.

  1. Neredbojias

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 08 Sep 2010, Ammammata <> wrote:

    > "Jukka K. Korpela" <> wrote in
    >
    >> Ammammata wrote:
    >>
    >>> this is (part of) the code:

    >>> onMouseOut="this.style.backgroundColor='F5F5F5'" bgColor="#F5F5F5">
    >>>

    >> The cause of the problem is that F5F5F5 is not a syntactically
    >> correct color indicator: the "#" character is missing. Therefore,
    >> correctly behaving browsers ignore the color setting whereas faulty
    >> browsers "do what you want".
    >>

    > YES! correct! it was a so stupid error that I didn't even notice it
    > :(
    >
    > THANK YOU IN CAPITAL LETTERS!

    Don't feel bad; I scrutinzed your post 3 times and didn't see it,
    either. You really should try D.P.'s suggestion about using css,
    though. It's more reliable (-in the sense that less people turn off
    styles.)

    --
    Neredbojias

    http://www.neredbojias.org/