Re: Open a URL in Mobile Web Browser

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Pete Wright, May 24, 2004.

  1. Pete Wright

    Pete Wright Guest

    AFAIR the System.Diagnostics.Process class is not supported in the compact
    framework, and that would be why the last method you tried is not working.

    I did find this on Google groups though

    http://groups.google.com/groups?q=L...ff&selm=fb8UKCxECHA.2368@cpmsftngxa08&rnum=10

    Basically it walks through using the CreateProcess API call to run a process
    withina C# app on a PocketPC.

    Hope that helps,

    Peter Wright (www.petewright.org)
    Author of ADO.NET Novice To Pro
    From Apress. www.apress.com (and 10
    other doorstops from Wrox)

    "JohnG" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am using an iPaq running Windows Mobile 2003 to contact a laptop (acting

    as a web server). I am writing an app in VS .NET 2003 (VB.NET).

    > I wish to open a url without using a built-in hyperlink data-type as I

    need to crunch some code to determine how to populate the page (on load) I
    wish to open.

    > I have tried this;
    >
    > page.Controls.Add(New LiteralControl("<script
    > language=javascript>window.open

    (""http://www.microsoft.com"",""PageName"",""width=424,height=768,top=0,left

    =525,toolbar=yes,location=yes,directories=yes,status=no,menubar=yes,scrollba

    Pete Wright, May 24, 2004

  2. Pete,

    Thanks for your suggestion, but it's all gobbldygook to me

    I only really understand VB

    John
    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obkc=?=, May 24, 2004