Re: open URL in the current tab

Discussion in 'Python' started by Joel Goldstick, Dec 10, 2012.

  1. On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 5:27 PM, Jabba Laci <> wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > With the webbrowser module you can open a URL in a new tab. But how
    > could I tell Firefox from Python to open a URL in the _current_ tab?

    The docs say this:
    webbrowser.open_new(*url*)

    Open *url* in a new window of the default browser, if possible, otherwise,
    open *url* in the only browser window.
    webbrowser.open_new_tab(*url*)

    Open *url* in a new page (“tabâ€) of the default browser, ifpossible,
    otherwise equivalent to
    open_new()<http://docs.python.org/2/library/webbrowser.html#webbrowser.open_new>
    ..

    > Thanks,