Re: opendir

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Walter Roberson, Jul 8, 2008.

  1. In article <>,
    MK <> wrote:
    >I don't use c much but i've done lots of perl, perl/Tk, and shellcode on
    >LINUX.

    >I'm trying to do things with directory trees and i occasionally get back
    >an errno from opendir "No such file or directory" while my program is
    >working its way thru a tree. This always happens with the same directory
    >(ie. it is not totally random) although there is nothing different or
    >unusual about the ownership or permissions (ie. there actually is such a
    >readable directory).

    You need to consult a newsgroup that deals with the provider of your
    directory functions, as the standard C language does not know anything
    about directories.

    [OT]
    There is the possibility that the file system is corrupted.
    [/OT]
    --
    "Not the fruit of experience, but experience itself, is the end."
    -- Walter Pater
    Walter Roberson, Jul 8, 2008