Re: Opening a pop-up window from code behind page

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by bruce barker, Aug 12, 2004.

  1. bruce barker

    bruce barker Guest

    the current crop of popup blocker and xp-sp2 prevent this design.

    you web button should open a window that calls an aspx page. if the aspx
    page can fetch values from the caller (or the caller could pass them). if
    the sql doesn't work the page displays an error and close button.

    -- bruce (sqwork.com)

    "Vi" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I have a WebControls.Button control on a page. When this control is

    clicked,
    > I want to perform a server side action (run a DB stored proc) and if it's
    > successful open a pop-up window passing some values to it. If the server

    side

    bruce barker, Aug 12, 2004

  2. What will not work under XP SP2: the solution you proposed or the way I
    described the functionality?

    =?Utf-8?B?Vmk=?=, Aug 12, 2004