Re: Opening C files in Visual C++

Discussion in 'C++' started by Ian Collins, Sep 26, 2006.

  1. Ian Collins

    Ian Collins Guest

    wrote:
    > I'm a brand new scripter, and as such, I have very poor experience in
    > coding.

    Please don't send individual posts to multiple groups, cross post a
    single message.

    > I have been looking around at some open source codes written in pure C
    > and was wondering if anyone knew of a program that could convert
    > standard C files into files visible with a Visual C++ editor, such as
    > Microsoft's program.

    C files are text, so they are visible in any editor.

    --
    Ian Collins.

    Ian Collins, Sep 26, 2006

  2. Ian Collins

    Guest

    > C files are text, so they are visible in any editor.
    >
    > --
    > Ian Collins.

    Sorry if i didn't make myself clear enough, i meant with the visual
    editor

    --Bryan

    , Sep 26, 2006

  3. Ian Collins

    kondal Guest

    wrote:
    > > C files are text, so they are visible in any editor.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Ian Collins.

    > Sorry if i didn't make myself clear enough, i meant with the visual
    > editor
    >
    > --Bryan

    I wonder what do you mean by visual editor?

    -kondal

    kondal, Sep 26, 2006
  4. Ian Collins

    Ian Collins Guest

    wrote:
    >>C files are text, so they are visible in any editor.
    >>
    >>--
    >>Ian Collins.

    > Sorry if i didn't make myself clear enough, i meant with the visual
    > editor

    In that case, you'd better post the question to a VC++ group.

    --
    Ian Collins.

    Ian Collins, Sep 26, 2006
  5. Ian Collins

    Default User Guest

    wrote:

    > > C files are text, so they are visible in any editor.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Ian Collins.

    > Sorry if i didn't make myself clear enough, i meant with the visual
    > editor

    The editor that comes with VC++ is a text editor. Have you tried
    opening a file?

    Brian

    Default User, Sep 26, 2006
  6. Ian Collins

    Malcolm Guest

    <> wrote in message

    >> C files are text, so they are visible in any editor.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ian Collins.

    > Sorry if i didn't make myself clear enough, i meant with the visual
    > editor

    Go to file, open, and then, if the filter is set to "cpp", set it to "all
    files" or "c files".
    The file should load and appear.

    VC++ is primarily a C++ compiler and some of the IDE functions are built
    round the assumption that you will be coding in C++, such as the class view
    window. However it is also a perfectly adequate C compiler and you should
    have no trouble using it for C.
    --
    www.personal.leeds.ac.uk/~bgy1mm
    freeware games to download.

    Malcolm, Sep 26, 2006
  7. Ian Collins

    Joe Wright Guest

    kondal wrote:
    > wrote:
    >>> C files are text, so they are visible in any editor.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Ian Collins.

    >> Sorry if i didn't make myself clear enough, i meant with the visual
    >> editor
    >>
    >> --Bryan

    > I wonder what do you mean by visual editor?
    >
    > -kondal

    The visual editor is vi of course. Did he mean that?

    --
    Joe Wright
    --- Albert Einstein ---

    Joe Wright, Sep 27, 2006
  8. On 25 Sep 2006 21:48:50 -0700, in comp.lang.c ,
    wrote:

    >> C files are text, so they are visible in any editor.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ian Collins.

    >Sorry if i didn't make myself clear enough, i meant with the visual
    >editor

    C files are text, so they are visible in ANY editor.

    Just open them up in the same way you open any other file in the
    visual editor. If you are unsure how to do that, or the idea doen't
    make sense to you, I suggest you have more serious problems than just
    C.
    --
    Mark McIntyre

    --Brian Kernighan