Re: Oracle JDeveloper 91 Rebuild

  1. Roedy Green

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 21:25:55 GMT, "Virgil Green" <>
    wrote or quoted :

    >It just seems quite odd to me that it would tell me it's compiling, but then
    >not replace the class file, complete with a new creation or modification
    >date.

    The brute force technique is to delete the class files.

    make sure you have not inadvertently marked them read-only, the side
    effect of restoring from CD.

    Do a file find to make sure the class files did not land somewhere
    else unexpected.

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Jul 17, 2003

  2. Roedy Green

    Virgil Green Guest

    "Roedy Green" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 21:25:55 GMT, "Virgil Green" <>
    > wrote or quoted :
    >

    > >It just seems quite odd to me that it would tell me it's compiling, but

    then
    > >not replace the class file, complete with a new creation or modification
    > >date.

    > The brute force technique is to delete the class files.

    This is the technique originally used... and which I don't want to use. Tool
    documentation says a Rebuild will compile every source file and or
    subordinate to the node I've selected and that selecting the project "node"
    will cause the entire project to be recompiled.

    > make sure you have not inadvertently marked them read-only, the side
    > effect of restoring from CD.

    All were compiled a day earlier and this is definitely not the problem.

    > Do a file find to make sure the class files did not land somewhere
    > else unexpected.

    Also dutifully done prior to posting. This is definitely a behavior of the
    tool that I think is wrong (not compiling all the files... even when some
    ..class files don't already exist) or not properly documented (the thought
    that some recompiles did occur, but file modified date was not updated).

    Tis strange... and I'm hoping someone else has already looked into this as
    far as JDeveloper is concerned. Nothing yet found on the Oracle website.

    - Virgil

    Virgil Green, Jul 17, 2003

  3. JDeveloper comes with different versions. What is yours?

    --olaf

    Olaf Heimburger, Jul 20, 2003
  4. Roedy Green

    Virgil Green Guest

    "Olaf Heimburger" <-berlin.de> wrote in message

    > JDeveloper comes with different versions. What is yours?

    As mentioned (or intended... I managed to "misspell" it) in the subject
    header, this is a question about JDeveloper 9i. I think there is only one
    major version of that. However, I happen to be running version 9.0.3.1
    (Build 1107).

    - Virgil

    Virgil Green, Jul 22, 2003