Re: Orbit propagator in java ?

Discussion in 'Java' started by newbieSatSeeker, Jan 27, 2005.

  1. Sebastien Herbiniere wrote:
    > Before deciding to develop my own package, I'd like to know if

    someone
    > has already heard about an orbit propagator in java.
    >
    > The software shall be able to propagate a satellite orbit (either

    LEO
    > or GEO), including the "classical" orbit perturbations, such as Earth
    > potential, solar radiation pressure, drag (in LEO), Sun and Moon
    > gravitationnal perturbations, and so on... Several orbital parameters
    > types could be entered including the classical keplerian parameters
    > (a,e,i,AoP,RAAN,M) and cartesian parameters.
    > The orbit propagation model may be analytical, semi-analytical or
    > numerical.

    Hello,

    I am new to satellite work and I was wondering if you have had any luck
    in finding a Java orbit propagator. I am trying to write a Java
    application of my own that can predict satellite positions using a TLE
    file.

    If anyone could please point me in the right direction, I would
    appreciate it.

    Thanks,

    The NewbieSatSeeker

    newbieSatSeeker, Jan 27, 2005