    gvk Guest

    I think the post didn't get a notice.

    Posting it again to collect some pointers from the members of the newsgroup.

    gvk, Jan 8, 2011

  2. gvk

    Seebs Guest

    On 2011-01-08, gvk <> wrote:
    > I think the post didn't get a notice.

    That's because it's off-topic.

    > Posting it again to collect some pointers from the members of the newsgroup.

    Okay, here's a pointer:

    > On Monday, January 3, 2011 1:22:01 AM UTC+5:30, gvk wrote:
    >> Hi.
    >> I am posting this before actually Googling (shall do that in a while).

    Go do that.

    >> Do we have ORMs (object relational mappers) for applications written in C/C++ ?

    There is no such language as "C/C++". C and C++ are very different, and
    an ORM which was suitable to one would be unsuitable to the other.

    >> Provide a Database abstraction so that one single coded C application can interface with a variety of production level databases (mostly MySQL / Oracle / PostgreSQL)

    GIYF.

    -s

    Seebs, Jan 8, 2011

  3. gvk

    Nobody Guest

    On Sat, 08 Jan 2011 20:49:13 +0100, Richard wrote:

    >> There is no such language as "C/C++". C and C++ are very different,
    >> and an ORM which was suitable to one would be unsuitable to the other.

    > What nonsense. For all intents and purposes C++ covers C.

    The converse isn't true.

    > This is NOT comp.lang.iso.c : please TRY and remember that.

    This is not comp.lang.c++ either.

    An ORM is an OBJECT Relational Mapper. One designed for C++ would
    inevitably make extensive use of features which C++ has but which C lacks.

    Nobody, Jan 8, 2011