Re: [OT] BP disaster

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by eps, Jun 29, 2010.

  1. eps

    eps Guest

    io_x wrote:
    > what about this?
    > __________________________
    > | |
    > | weitght==? |
    > | |
    > | __________ |
    > | | |--------|-tap
    > | | | |
    > | | | | | |
    > |^^^^^^^ | | ^^^^^^^^| surface submarine
    > ^
    > /|\
    > |
    > point where oil exit
    >
    > there is someone of you know what is the weight
    > for the above structure (**in the water**) for
    > controbilance oil pressure?

    Once you have solved this spill perhaps you could head over to the
    nigerian delta and fix all the ones that happen there every month.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmental_issues_in_the_Niger_Delta#Oil_spills

    eps, Jun 29, 2010

  2. eps

    iC and iC++ Guest

    Re: BP disaster

    On Jun 29, 8:51 am, eps <> wrote:
    > io_x wrote:
    > > what about this?
    > > __________________________
    > > |                        |
    > > |  weitght==?            |
    > > |                        |
    > > |      __________        |
    > > |      |        |--------|-tap
    > > |      |        |        |
    > > |      |   | |  |        |
    > > |^^^^^^^   | |   ^^^^^^^^|  surface submarine
    > >             ^
    > >            /|\
    > > point where oil exit

    > > there is someone of you know what is the weight
    > > for the above structure (**in the water**) for
    > > controbilance oil pressure?

    > Once you have solved this spill perhaps you could head over to the
    > nigerian delta and fix all the ones that happen there every month.
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmental_issues_in_the_Niger_Delta#...

    People should also not that the Mexican "Ixtoc I" oil spill went on
    for 9 months spewing an estimated 30000 barrels, (mind you this is a
    Mexican estimation) of crude oil per day into the Gulf of Mexico.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ixtoc_I_oil_spill

    Also, an appropriate place to ask your question would have been on an
    engineering forum like CR4 where the OP's question has also been
    discussed extensively on http://cr4.globalspec.com/thread/54494/Using-Standard-Sand-Bags-to-Stop-Oil-Leak

    Here, you will find REAL engineers like me.

    This here is a forum for SOFT engineers... :)

    iC and iC++, Jun 30, 2010