Re: OT: Chat server

Discussion in 'Python' started by Joel Rosdahl, Jun 23, 2004.

  1. Joel Rosdahl

    Joel Rosdahl Guest

    "Miki Tebeka" <> writes:

    > I'm looking for a chat (IRC) server.

    I'm not sure what you're looking for, but I've written a small IRC
    server in Python. It can be found here:

    http://joel.rosdahl.net/projects/#miniircd

    > Nothing fancy.

    Check.

    > It has to be free, standalone

    Check and check.

    > and with logging.

    Nope. Patches are welcome. :)

    > Python based will be ideal.

    Check.

    Regards,
    Joel

    --
    Joel Rosdahl <>
    Key BB845E97; fingerprint 9F4B D780 6EF4 5700 778D 8B22 0064 F9FF BB84 5E97

    Joel Rosdahl, Jun 23, 2004

  2. Joel Rosdahl

    Paul Rubin Guest

    Joel Rosdahl <> writes:
    > > and with logging.

    > Nope. Patches are welcome. :)

    I hope nobody's IRC server logs the contents of the chat channels and
    especially the private messages. That's an invasion of privacy and
    could potentially get the server op thrown in jail in some places:

    http://science.slashdot.org/science/04/04/13/1356216.shtml

    Paul Rubin, Jun 23, 2004