Re: [OT - completley] SNOW.

Discussion in 'HTML' started by dorayme, Apr 6, 2008.

  1. dorayme

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    Mike Barnard <> wrote:

    > I woke up this sunday morning to find a virgin white carpet
    > everywhere. Not a footprint, not a tyre track. My 5 yo son is going
    > mad with joy. :)

    Further up in that teensy weensy islet of yours, around Manchester and
    northern Cheshire, it used to snow with gusto every winter (I have heard
    it is not so much these days). But I can't recall much snow in April.

    Wonderful experience for kids. It is not just the stunning visual
    aspect. There is the crispness of the atmosphere, the cold on the skin.
    And, most remarkable of all, the deadness of sounds, the muffling of
    bells, horns and noise generally.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Apr 6, 2008

  2. dorayme

    mrcakey Guest

    "dorayme" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>,
    > Mike Barnard <> wrote:
    >
    >> I woke up this sunday morning to find a virgin white carpet
    >> everywhere. Not a footprint, not a tyre track. My 5 yo son is going
    >> mad with joy. :)

    > Further up in that teensy weensy islet of yours, around Manchester and
    > northern Cheshire, it used to snow with gusto every winter (I have heard
    > it is not so much these days). But I can't recall much snow in April.
    >
    > Wonderful experience for kids. It is not just the stunning visual
    > aspect. There is the crispness of the atmosphere, the cold on the skin.
    > And, most remarkable of all, the deadness of sounds, the muffling of
    > bells, horns and noise generally.
    >
    > --
    > dorayme

    It's such a lovely smell as well.

    +mrcakey
    mrcakey, Apr 7, 2008

  3. dorayme

    dorayme Guest

    In article <ftcj6m$t6b$>, "mrcakey" <>
    wrote:

    > "dorayme" <> wrote in message
    > > In article <>,
    > > Mike Barnard <> wrote:
    > >
    > >> I woke up this sunday morning to find a virgin white carpet
    > >> everywhere. Not a footprint, not a tyre track. My 5 yo son is going
    > >> mad with joy. :)

    > > Further up in that teensy weensy islet of yours, around Manchester and
    > > northern Cheshire, it used to snow with gusto every winter (I have heard
    > > it is not so much these days). But I can't recall much snow in April.
    > >
    > > Wonderful experience for kids. It is not just the stunning visual
    > > aspect. There is the crispness of the atmosphere, the cold on the skin.
    > > And, most remarkable of all, the deadness of sounds, the muffling of
    > > bells, horns and noise generally.
    > >
    > > --
    > > dorayme

    > It's such a lovely smell as well.

    Not sure if you are joking, but I wanted to say this and assumed no one
    would believe it. There is a kind of smell, it is an effect of the snow
    on all the normal smells. (Analogy: the sounds are not the sounds of
    snow - although there is a crunching and squeaking as one walks...).
    Perhaps the snow itself smelled too. This I forget.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Apr 7, 2008