Re: [OT] How to use file.dll directly?

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Jorgen Grahn, Aug 12, 2013.

  1. Jorgen Grahn

    Jorgen Grahn Guest

    On Sun, 2013-08-11, Bertram wrote:

    >> A fair number of people would consider almost nothing in your
    >> question, or the answer to it, to actually be topical in the NG, and
    >> it should properly be asked in a Windows programming forum instead.

    > I ask forgiveness, but I newbie of use dll file.

    Also, please don't multipost. If you /really/ need to address
    comp.lang.c and comp.lang.c++ (and who-knows where else), then
    crosspost.

    /Jorgen

    --
    // Jorgen Grahn <grahn@ Oo o. . .
    \X/ snipabacken.se> O o .

    Jorgen Grahn, Aug 12, 2013

  2. Jorgen Grahn <> writes:
    > On Sun, 2013-08-11, Bertram wrote:
    >>> A fair number of people would consider almost nothing in your
    >>> question, or the answer to it, to actually be topical in the NG, and
    >>> it should properly be asked in a Windows programming forum instead.

    >> I ask forgiveness, but I newbie of use dll file.

    > Also, please don't multipost. If you /really/ need to address
    > comp.lang.c and comp.lang.c++ (and who-knows where else), then
    > crosspost.

    And if you *think* you need to post the same thing to comp.lang.c and
    comp.lang.c++, you probably don't.

    Keith Thompson, Aug 12, 2013

  3. Multi-posting (Was: [OT] How to use file.dll directly?)

    In article <>,
    Jorgen Grahn <> wrote:
    >On Sun, 2013-08-11, Bertram wrote:
    >>

    >>> A fair number of people would consider almost nothing in your
    >>> question, or the answer to it, to actually be topical in the NG, and
    >>> it should properly be asked in a Windows programming forum instead.

    >> I ask forgiveness, but I newbie of use dll file.

    >Also, please don't multipost. If you /really/ need to address
    >comp.lang.c and comp.lang.c++ (and who-knows where else), then
    >crosspost.

    <controversial>
    I know this is the standard, canonical advice. But, like a lot of
    standard, canonical advice, it is, IMNSHO, bad advice.

    Here's why. I know the general theory is that cross-posting conserves
    resources, but, as with so many things, resources are no longer in short
    supply. Many of the "rules" of netiquette were formed decades ago, when
    resources *were* in short supply.

    But, here's the thing. There are a lot of reasons why, in this
    day-and-age, you *want* each thread to have a life-of-its-own - that is, to
    *not* be tied together into a single glop.

    Here's just one example, one that is very much on-topic in comp.lang.c.
    This is a phenomenon that I've seen happen many times (though not recently
    - and that's a good thing. I think the nut cases of CLC have toned their
    act down somewhat over the years). It has happened to me personally at
    least once (and went a long way towards my early formulation of my opinion
    of the comp.lang.c nutcase mentality) and I've also seen it happen to
    others as well.

    The phenomenon is this. Suppose you have a C-related question (C-related
    in the real world sense, not the nutso CLC sense). You think up a bunch of
    newsgroups where you think it might be likely to catch someone willing and
    able to help and you carefully compose it, taking care of all necessary
    details and so on, and dutifully post it to all these groups (say, 5 or 6
    of them - but maybe as many as 10). Well, what happens is that some nutso
    in CLC, with nothing better to do with his time (a situation which
    describes most of the nutsos here) gets in with the first response, telling
    all and sundry (in all of the listed groups) that the post is off-topic
    in CLC. Then what happens is that from there on, everybody discusses
    (i.e., argues back-and-forth) about the CLC topicality question, with all
    of these responses being posted to all the listed groups, of course. And
    no one ever, ever, discusses anything about the original topic. Tres shame!

    So, you've got this post, which is entirely topical in all but one of the
    groups (and, truth-to-tell, topical also in CLC, but for the fact that the
    nutsos think otherwise) is entirely derailed by CLC nutso.

    That's why it it is better to never cross-post into CLC. The CLC nutsos
    will always grab on and derail the post.

    --

    Some of the more common characteristics of Asperger syndrome include:

    * Inability to think in abstract ways (eg: puns, jokes, sarcasm, etc)
    * Difficulties in empathising with others
    * Problems with understanding another person's point of view
    * Hampered conversational ability
    * Problems with controlling feelings such as anger, depression
    and anxiety
    * Adherence to routines and schedules, and stress if expected routine
    is disrupted
    * Inability to manage appropriate social conduct
    * Delayed understanding of sexual codes of conduct
    * A narrow field of interests. For example a person with Asperger
    syndrome may focus on learning all there is to know about
    baseball statistics, politics or television shows.
    * Anger and aggression when things do not happen as they want
    * Sensitivity to criticism
    * Eccentricity
    * Behaviour varies from mildly unusual to quite aggressive
    and difficult

    Kenny McCormack, Aug 12, 2013