Re: OT: Monty Python in Syria

Discussion in 'Python' started by Terry Reedy, Aug 16, 2012.

  1. Terry Reedy

    Terry Reedy Guest

    On 8/15/2012 6:07 PM, Mark Lawrence wrote:
    > On 15/08/2012 20:15, Tamer Higazi wrote:
    >> Exactly!
    >> NOT PROGRAMMING related has NOTHING TODO HERE!
    >>

    > Please don't shout, please don't top post

    agreed.

    > and what gives you the right
    > to determine what is or is not on topic here?

    The same right as anyone.

    > The subject is also
    > clearly marked OT or did that escape your attention?

    But it has nothing to do with Monty Python either, that I can see.
    Nor is there a video to see the context of (OP said "For context, start
    the video at 1:00.") Perhaps link is erroneous.

    Marking something OT does not excuse it. It should still be related. We
    cannot allow 1000s of OT posts a day, marked OT or not.

    --
    Terry Jan Reedy

    Terry Reedy, Aug 16, 2012

  2. On 16/08/2012 01:01, Terry Reedy wrote:
    > On 8/15/2012 6:07 PM, Mark Lawrence wrote:
    >> On 15/08/2012 20:15, Tamer Higazi wrote:
    >>> Exactly!
    >>> NOT PROGRAMMING related has NOTHING TODO HERE!
    >>>

    >> Please don't shout, please don't top post

    > agreed.
    >
    >> and what gives you the right
    >> to determine what is or is not on topic here?

    > The same right as anyone.
    >
    >> The subject is also
    >> clearly marked OT or did that escape your attention?

    > But it has nothing to do with Monty Python either, that I can see.

    Then I humbly suggest you re-watch The Holy Grail.

    ~Andrew

    Andrew Cooper, Aug 16, 2012

  3. On 16/08/2012 01:52, Andrew Cooper wrote:
    > On 16/08/2012 01:01, Terry Reedy wrote:
    >>>>

    >>> Please don't shout, please don't top post

    >> agreed.
    >>
    >>> and what gives you the right
    >>> to determine what is or is not on topic here?

    >> The same right as anyone.
    >>
    >>> The subject is also
    >>> clearly marked OT or did that escape your attention?

    >> But it has nothing to do with Monty Python either, that I can see.

    > Then I humbly suggest you re-watch The Holy Grail.
    >
    > ~Andrew
    >
    >> Nor is there a video to see the context of (OP said "For context, start
    >> the video at 1:00.") Perhaps link is erroneous.

    P.S. - There is certainly a video. It just takes an obnoxiously long
    time to load.

    Andrew Cooper, Aug 16, 2012
  4. Terry Reedy

    PythonAB Guest

    On 16 aug 2012, at 02:56, Andrew Cooper wrote:

    > On 16/08/2012 01:52, Andrew Cooper wrote:

    >>> agreed.

    >>> The same right as anyone.

    >>> But it has nothing to do with Monty Python either, that I can see.

    >> Then I humbly suggest you re-watch The Holy Grail.
    >>
    >> ~Andrew
    >>
    >>> Nor is there a video to see the context of (OP said "For context, start
    >>> the video at 1:00.") Perhaps link is erroneous.

    > P.S. - There is certainly a video. It just takes an obnoxiously long
    > time to load.
    >

    >>> Marking something OT does not excuse it. It should still be related. We
    >>> cannot allow 1000s of OT posts a day, marked OT or not.

    I agree, adding "OT" shouldn't be an excuse to just post anything people want,
    should it?

    The URL has absolutely nothing to do with python whatsoever. At least not here
    as I can view it in The Netherlands.
    It's a news item about the 'rebels' in Syria who supposedly shot down this fighterplane.
    How someone can link that to Monty Python is worth a oscar for storytelling i think...

    gr
    arno

    PythonAB, Aug 16, 2012