Re: [OT] On the TimBot

Discussion in 'Python' started by TZOTZIOY remotely, Jul 24, 2003.

  1. "Delaney, Timothy C (Timothy)" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > > From: Christos "TZOTZIOY" Georgiou [mailto:]
    > >
    > > 3. To "Tron" fans: yes, you could assign the name TimBit to
    > > it, but it's
    > > a broken Bit; what's the use of a Bit that's always true?

    > Well, it compresses really well ...

    Yes, a single unchanging bit in time compresses very well (contrary to
    a single bit at a specific moment in time). But compressibility is an
    attribute, not a use :)
    TZOTZIOY remotely, Jul 24, 2003

  2. Re: [Python] Re: [OT] On the TimBot

    > > > From: Christos "TZOTZIOY" Georgiou [mailto:]
    > > >
    > > > what's the use of a Bit that's always true?

    > > Well, it compresses really well ...

    > Yes, a single unchanging bit in time compresses very well (contrary to
    > a single bit at a specific moment in time). But compressibility is an
    > attribute, not a use :)

    Doorstop?

    Chris Gonnerman --
    http://newcenturycomputers.net
    Chris Gonnerman, Jul 24, 2003

  3. Re: [Python] Re: [OT] On the TimBot

    On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 07:32:32 -0500, rumours say that "Chris Gonnerman"
    <> might have written:

    >> "Delaney, Timothy C (Timothy)" <> wrote in message

    >> > Well, it compresses really well ...

    >> Yes, a single unchanging bit in time compresses very well (contrary to
    >> a single bit at a specific moment in time). But compressibility is an
    >> attribute, not a use :)

    >Doorstop?

    Doorstop??!

    Let me contemplate about it for a month or so, and I might find an
    appropriate answer... :)
    --
    TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best,
    Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou, Jul 27, 2003