Re: OT: problems mirroring python-list to c.l.py?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Daniel Bickett, Jan 23, 2005.

  1. John Lenton wrote:
    > > On Sun, Jan 23, 2005 at 01:53:52PM -0500, Daniel Bickett wrote:
    > > >
    > > > Is there a reason that Google Groups isn't mirroring python-list
    > > > exactly like it used to, or is it simply a conspiracy I'm not in on?

    > > You should not ask this kind of question in a public forum,

    > and *you* should know better than to go around flapping your mouth
    > like that.

    Now I'm further confused, because I don't know what you quoted, but it
    isn't on the mailing list and it isn't on c.l.py :) Maybe I should
    give up trying to figure these things out.

    You didn't include a name at the beginning of your citation... Who had
    the audacity to take my joke seriously? ;-)

    Daniel Bickett
    Daniel Bickett, Jan 23, 2005

  2. Daniel Bickett

    Steve Holden Guest

    Daniel Bickett wrote:

    > John Lenton wrote:

    >>>You should not ask this kind of question in a public forum,

    >>and *you* should know better than to go around flapping your mouth
    >>like that.

    > Now I'm further confused, because I don't know what you quoted, but it
    > isn't on the mailing list and it isn't on c.l.py :) Maybe I should
    > give up trying to figure these things out.
    >
    > You didn't include a name at the beginning of your citation... Who had
    > the audacity to take my joke seriously? ;-)
    >
    > Daniel Bickett

    It is well known tha the PSU ha
    Steve Holden, Jan 23, 2005

  3. Daniel Bickett

    Peter Hansen Guest

    Daniel Bickett wrote:
    > John Lenton wrote:
    >>>
    >>>You should not ask this kind of question in a public forum,

    >>and *you* should know better than to go around flapping your mouth
    >>like that.

    > Now I'm further confused, because I don't know what you quoted, but it
    > isn't on the mailing list and it isn't on c.l.py :) Maybe I should
    > give up trying to figure these things out.

    For what it's worth, I'm seeing the same behaviour as what you
    (Daniel) are seeing, and I read the group through comp.lang.python via
    NTTP, not via the mail-based python-list or Google Groups.

    > You didn't include a name at the beginning of your citation... Who had
    > the audacity to take my joke seriously? ;-)

    Apparently somebody who doesn't understand that unlike most
    other public fora, comp.lang.python is "special" in that it
    is mirrored to and from the mailing list, and that there is
    no other more appropriate place to ask such a question (at
    least until it's apparent that it is a problem with a specific
    part of this system, rather than being entirely unclear just
    _what_ the problem is).

    -Peter
    Peter Hansen, Jan 24, 2005