Re: OT Questions

Discussion in 'Python' started by Demian Brecht, Oct 17, 2012.

  1. > This is my prototype portfolio for freelancing. If you have an honest
    > critique, then what, in your opinion, am I good at?
    >
    > https://www.odesk.com/users/~01710ac049863018eb

    I can't ascertain what your strengths are as I don't work with you on a daily basis (one of the many benefits of working with people smarter than you ;)).

    What I feel safe in assuming is that:

    * You seemingly have a *want* to learn, which in itself is very important.
    * Your strength is not design. Using bevel and emboss (and a pattern here and there) does not constitute good design. If you're showcasing logo work, I hope you're ready to supply variations that can be used cross-medium.
    * You're not a game developer (given what I've seen, I highly doubt that you can readily tackle the complexities in game development even in a team environment, let alone solo)

    Don't lie (this includes stretching the truth). In doing so, you'll mismanage client expectations and simply drive any future prospective clients away. Under-promise, over-deliver ;)

    As to not flood the list with OT discussion, if you can stay away from the flame wars (I avoid such things, directly or indirectly as it's childish and entirely unprofessional), I don't mind answering questions here and there (just e-mail me directly). I'm not a genius or a guru, but I've had enough experience that I may be of some help in pointing you in the right directions if you're genuinely interested.
    Demian Brecht, Oct 17, 2012