Re: OT: Ruby programmers use Python (was Re: ruby on rails ...python on ?)

Discussion in 'Python' started by Ed Leafe, Nov 1, 2004.

  1. Ed Leafe

    Ed Leafe Guest

    On Nov 1, 2004, at 7:09 AM, Peter Hansen wrote:

    >> Do you mean Zope?

    > Most definitely not! Zope is a "content management system".

    No, Zope is a web application framework. There is a product called
    'Plone' that is a content management system built on Zope, but Zope
    does quite a bit more than just content management.

    ___/
    /
    __/
    /
    ____/
    Ed Leafe
    http://leafe.com/
    http://dabodev.com/
    Ed Leafe, Nov 1, 2004

  2. Ed Leafe

    Peter Hansen Guest

    Ed Leafe wrote:
    > On Nov 1, 2004, at 7:09 AM, Peter Hansen wrote:
    >>> Do you mean Zope?

    >> Most definitely not! Zope is a "content management system".

    > No, Zope is a web application framework. There is a product called
    > 'Plone' that is a content management system built on Zope, but Zope does
    > quite a bit more than just content management.

    Sure it does, but that doesn't mean that it is designed for
    such. There are key features that arise out of the fact
    that it was designed for content management... I've used it
    extensively and am gradually weaning myself off it, finding it
    too "cms"-centric for my liking and my needs.

    See also my addition to the main thread on this topic, where
    I note that I misread the rubyonrails site, which got me off-track
    in the first place. (Doesn't change my answer above though...)

    -Peter
    Peter Hansen, Nov 2, 2004