Re: [OT] Top posting is a PITA [was : Prothon Prototypes vs Python Classes]

Discussion in 'Python' started by Jacek Generowicz, Apr 1, 2004.

  1. Markus Wankus <> writes:

    > Right. So if we'd all just settle on top-posting things wouldn't be
    > so bad after all. It's all you bottom-posters that are screwing
    > things up for the rest of us. ;o)

    Did you actually _understand_ what he wrote? Yes, I did notice the
    smiley, but I also noticed the apparent complete failure to get the
    point. Complete failure to get the point, I find, is often strongly
    correlated to top-posting.

    Even if _everyone_ top-posts, then the reading direction is still
    inconsisitent and requires the reader to jump back and-forth, to
    understand what is going on.

    Please _think_ about it. It really doesn't take very much thought to
    understand that top-posting sucks, but it does require some. More than
    top-posters seem to be able to muster, it seems.

    Jacek Generowicz, Apr 1, 2004

  2. Re: [OT] Top posting is a PITA [was : Prothon Prototypes vs PythonClasses]

    Jacek Generowicz wrote:
    > Markus Wankus <> writes:
    >

    >>Right. So if we'd all just settle on top-posting things wouldn't be
    >>so bad after all. It's all you bottom-posters that are screwing
    >>things up for the rest of us. ;o)

    > Did you actually _understand_ what he wrote? Yes, I did notice the
    > smiley, but I also noticed the apparent complete failure to get the
    > point.

    Geez..you can't even joke about this apparently. OK. Whatever. I'm
    easy. I *did* get the point BTW...

    > Even if _everyone_ top-posts, then the reading direction is still
    > inconsisitent and requires the reader to jump back and-forth, to
    > understand what is going on.

    Yes.

    > Please _think_ about it. It really doesn't take very much thought to
    > understand that top-posting sucks, but it does require some. More than
    > top-posters seem to be able to muster, it seems.

    Alright.

    --

    MAN! There are some passionate individuals here. In fact, a few
    minutes after my lighthearted post I received a flood of IP spoofing

    Markus.

    Markus Wankus, Apr 1, 2004

  3. Markus Wankus <> writes:

    > Geez..you can't even joke about this apparently. OK. Whatever. I'm
    > easy. I *did* get the point BTW...

    Cool. Sorry ... I've been away for a few days ... and having to wade
    through a lot of top-posted crap on my return has made my tolerance
    of TPing come close to an all-time low ... which is accompanied by a
    sense of humour failure.

    I'm off to sit in a sensory deprivation tank for a few hours.

    Jacek Generowicz, Apr 2, 2004
  4. Re: [OT] Top posting is a PITA [was : Prothon Prototypes vs PythonClasses]

    Jacek Generowicz wrote:
    > Markus Wankus <> writes:
    >

    >>Geez..you can't even joke about this apparently. OK. Whatever. I'm
    >>easy. I *did* get the point BTW...

    > Cool. Sorry ... I've been away for a few days ... and having to wade
    > through a lot of top-posted crap on my return has made my tolerance
    > of TPing come close to an all-time low ... which is accompanied by a
    > sense of humour failure.
    >
    > I'm off to sit in a sensory deprivation tank for a few hours.

    Well - I guess I was being a bit of a dolt too...sorry. ;o)

    Let's all sit in our sensory deprivation tanks! That sounds like fun!
    Who here can construct metaclasses in the dark, in their head?

    Markus.

    Markus Wankus, Apr 2, 2004
  5. Markus Wankus <> writes:

    > Let's all sit in our sensory deprivation tanks! That sounds like fun!
    > Who here can construct metaclasses in the dark, in their head?

    No problem. That's easy. It's typing them into an editor after I get
    out where it always goes wrong :)

    Jacek Generowicz, Apr 2, 2004