Re: [OT] USA Economy 2-8-2011

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by jacob navia, Jul 30, 2011.

  1. jacob navia

    jacob navia Guest

    Le 28/07/11 20:32, io_x a écrit :
    > Are you scare for what could happen 2-8?

    No, I am not a citizen of the U.S.A and I do not live there.

    That's why I am not scared. I would be if I lived there tough.

    > what do they say repubblicans?
    > where is the problem republicans-Obama?

    The problem with debts is that you have to pay them one day.
    Republicans have increased enormously the debts of the U.S.A.
    during the last decade. Their strategy was twofold:

    1) Increase spending.
    2) Decrease revenues.

    They increased spending in very important things like a war
    in Iraq, a war in Afghanistan, and many other necessary investments
    for the future.

    They decreased revenues by exempting the billionaires and most big
    corporations from paying taxes. For instance, General Electric
    doesn't pay any taxes in the U.S.A.

    Now, the debts have piled up and somebody has to pay them.

    Republicans say that the debts should be paid by the poor.

    As we all know, the poor are lazy, unwashed and dirty, so it is
    normal that they pay the bills.

    Democrats make a show as if they would disagree, and there is a lot
    of drama going on. Basically however, democrats agree with all the
    republicans policies. For instance, they continued the Bush era
    tax cuts, an essential pillar of the deficit making.

    What will happen?

    At the last minute, both parties will agree that:

    1) No new taxes should be decided for the poor billionaires
    (No new revenues for the treasury)
    2) The middle and lower classes (specially the lower ones)
    should be burdened with all the effort of paying the bills.

    This is because Americans have the best democracy money can buy.

    jacob navia, Jul 30, 2011

  2. jacob navia

    HonestAbe Guest

    jacob navia wrote:
    > Le 28/07/11 20:32, io_x a écrit :
    >> Are you scare for what could happen 2-8?

    > No, I am not a citizen of the U.S.A and I do not live there.
    >
    > That's why I am not scared. I would be if I lived there tough.
    >

    >> what do they say repubblicans?
    >> where is the problem republicans-Obama?
    >>

    > The problem with debts is that you have to pay them one day.
    > Republicans have increased enormously the debts of the U.S.A.
    > during the last decade. Their strategy was twofold:
    >
    > 1) Increase spending.
    > 2) Decrease revenues.
    >
    > They increased spending in very important things like a war
    > in Iraq, a war in Afghanistan, and many other necessary investments
    > for the future.
    >
    > They decreased revenues by exempting the billionaires and most big
    > corporations from paying taxes. For instance, General Electric
    > doesn't pay any taxes in the U.S.A.
    >
    > Now, the debts have piled up and somebody has to pay them.
    >
    > Republicans say that the debts should be paid by the poor.
    >
    > As we all know, the poor are lazy, unwashed and dirty, so it is
    > normal that they pay the bills.
    >
    > Democrats make a show as if they would disagree, and there is a lot
    > of drama going on. Basically however, democrats agree with all the
    > republicans policies. For instance, they continued the Bush era
    > tax cuts, an essential pillar of the deficit making.
    >
    > What will happen?
    >
    > At the last minute, both parties will agree that:
    >
    > 1) No new taxes should be decided for the poor billionaires
    > (No new revenues for the treasury)
    > 2) The middle and lower classes (specially the lower ones)
    > should be burdened with all the effort of paying the bills.
    >
    > This is because Americans have the best democracy money can buy.

    Do you have health insurance? What about this "discretionary income"
    thing? You got any of that?

    HonestAbe, Jul 31, 2011

  3. jacob navia

    jacob navia Guest

    Le 31/07/11 07:40, HonestAbe a écrit :

    > Do you have health insurance?

    Yes, of course. Sometimes even I get sick. :)

    It costs me around 200$ per month for my family (4 people) and covers
    dentists, glasses, all medical costs, and covers all medical expenses
    (hospital, doctor,medicaments, etc) with no limits.

    In general health care is here much better than in the U.S.A. and much
    cheaper. This is not a good thing of course, and our beloved president
    Sarkozy is doing his best to destroy the health system and make it
    more profitable for the insurance companies and the pharma industry
    as in the U.S.A.

    So far he has had a little success.

    > What about this "discretionary income"
    > thing? You got any of that?

    The amount of discretionary income (income after all expenses
    have been paid) depends on your discretion, i.e. on what you
    consider expenses that you MUST pay.

    For instance, the republicans and the democrats agree that
    "national security" is something that can't be avoided. Other
    people would say that it is the costs of empire maintenance that
    are so big that are leading the countrry to a financial ruin
    and that THOSE costs should be cut FIRST.

    Fact is, the U.S.A is spending in the military almost the same
    amount of money as all other countries combined.

    The U.S. spends 43% of the world military spending, what is not
    bad for a country that has not known country that is openly
    challenging its supremacy. Since the disappearing of the
    Soviet Union, the military were seeking frantically an enemy
    that would justify that spending. Luckily they found bin laden
    but now that the guy is dead the question appears again:

    Why spend so much money in war?

    jacob navia, Jul 31, 2011
  4. jacob navia

    jacob navia Guest

    Le 01/08/11 08:13, io_x a écrit :
    > "jacob navia"<> ha scritto nel messaggio
    >> Le 28/07/11 20:32, io_x a écrit :
    >> This is because Americans have the best democracy money can buy.

    > criticize is easy, but what do you propose to resolve the problem?

    Excuse me but since I am not an american citizen I can't propose
    anything.

    This has to be solved by the americans themselves, hard working
    people able to do great things.

    jacob navia, Aug 1, 2011
  5. jacob navia <> writes:
    > Le 01/08/11 08:13, io_x a écrit :
    >> "jacob navia"<> ha scritto nel messaggio
    >>> Le 28/07/11 20:32, io_x a écrit :
    >>> This is because Americans have the best democracy money can buy.

    >> criticize is easy, but what do you propose to resolve the problem?
    >>

    > Excuse me but since I am not an american citizen I can't propose
    > anything.
    >
    > This has to be solved by the americans themselves, hard working
    > people able to do great things.

    And an off-topic thread in comp.lang.c is *just* the right place
    to do it!

    Nokia

    Keith Thompson, Aug 1, 2011