Re: Out of process COM server accessible by a client embedded in IIS

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Alvin Bruney [MVP], Apr 23, 2004.

  1. slow your roll...

    >I have tried everything but can't go any further than having the COM client
    >accessing not the >existing instance of my application but it loads another
    >instance of it which doesn't show any >window (and fights with the existing
    >one for resources sharing).

    I don't understand this. And I am sure when i understand it, i may have
    better advice for you. Right now, a win32 application is not a com server or
    an object. If you want to access it thru com, you will have to re-wrap it as
    such.

    Or, if you can access it thru the console, then just cause the aspx page to
    invoke the image on disk. You can use the process namespace in .net. It will
    take a startup path which points to the win32 image.
    roughly
    process = new process("c:\test\test.exe");
    process.arguments("arg1 arg2 arg3");
    process.Start();

    this is exactly equal to firing off the win32 image from the command line.
    If it works there, it will work here thru IIS.

    see if that helps

    --
    Regards,
    Alvin Bruney