Re: Override malloc,calloc,realloc and free?

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Douglas A. Gwyn, Jun 26, 2003.

  1. Jun Woong wrote:
    > But, is there behavior which doesn't affect the program's output but
    > which still affects the program's conformance?

    I still don't understand what the problem is supposed to be.
    A program might not *have* any output if it is rejected by the
    implementation for containing undefined behavior etc.
    There are essentially three kinds of program behavior:
    (1) specified.
    (2) unspecified but "stable".
    (3) undefined.
    A s.c. program contains no instances of (3).
    A s.c. program can contain instances of (2), but its output
    shall not depend on which of the allowed choices the
    implementation has made for each such instance (except for
    locale-specific behavior, which we intentionally allow to
    affect the output as a special kludge to encourage use of
    locales).

    Douglas A. Gwyn, Jun 26, 2003