Re: Override malloc,calloc,realloc and free?

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Trewth Seeker, Jul 14, 2003.

  1. (Dan Pop) wrote in message news:<bccsq7$nqc$>...
    > In <> David Hopwood <> writes:
    >
    > >Dan Pop wrote:

    > [...]

    > >Yes.

    > >> Yes. Well, this is actually what the standard requires.

    > >The standard requires that, for each implementation, there exists a document
    > >that defines the implementation-defined behaviour of that implementation.
    > >It does not say that all such documents must be distinct. If a vendor
    > >provides a single document that contains some text that is conditional on
    > >which of their implementations was selected, that is a perfectly reasonable
    > >way of meeting the requirement.

    > Agreed. But it's still, logically, two different documents (one applying
    > to one implementation, the other applying to the other), even if,
    > physically, it is a single document.

    Which you falsely claimed no implementation provides. You lose.

    > OTOH, such documents don't contain conditional parts related to options
    > that don't alter the compiler's behaviour, from the standard's point of
    > view (e.g. enable additional warnings). Which was actually my point.

    Your point seems to have been sophistry. The issue was whether
    alternative libraries constitute separate implementations, and
    3.12 makes it quite clear that they do.

    Trewth Seeker, Jul 14, 2003