Re: OWA authentication via Login Page using ASP.Net

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Alan, Feb 26, 2005.

  1. Alan

    Alan Guest

    Hi, first of all sorry for the cross posting. i have a problem with an
    ASP.NET application that requires to redirect the user to an OWA URL
    (for example
    http://#server#.#domain#.com/exchange/#username#/inbox/#mailsubject#.eml?cmd=open).
    My specific goal is get the user to access that OWA url without the
    browser asking for authentication. Sometimes i have noticed that when i
    log on to the domain with my username and then try to open my inbox
    using OWA it doesnt ask for authentication thats what i try to achieve
    but all the users will access only one same account. I have tried to
    impersonate the user using the Web.config file (using the <impersonate>
    tag specifying the login information for the account i want the user to
    access). I have also used the ASP.NET httpwebrequest class, providing
    the credentials for the email account i want the user to access but the
    problem with this approach comes with multipart emails, since it shows
    a login window to the user for every part of that multipart email and i
    do not want the user enter any information (they all will access a
    single account and nobody should know the credentials thats why im
    trying to do an automated logon as stated before)

    Thanks a lot in advance for your help
    Alan

    p.s.: i pasted the message below since it is a similar problem to mine
    so that u can have an idea what i am looking for, but i am not using
    iframes.

    Michael O'Brien wrote:
    > I have a problem with OWA and authenticating users.
    > I am able to authenticate users against Active Directory via a web

    page but
    > I encounter a problem when I have OWA URL like the authenticated

    users inbox
    > displayed in an IFrame, the user is prompted for username, password,

    domain
    > as if they were never authenticated.
    >
    > Does anyone know of a way to implement forms authentication for OWA

    using
    > ASP.Net?
    > Has anyone been able to authenticate users for OWA using a web page?
    > Is it possible to work around and submit authentication details

    before the
    > user is prompted again for log on details.
    >
    > Is there any resources available for using ASP.Net with Exchange 2000

    and

    Alan, Feb 26, 2005