RE: p2exe using wine/cxoffice

Discussion in 'Python' started by Tim Golden, Oct 26, 2005.

  1. Tim Golden

    Tim Golden Guest

    > James Stroud wrote:
    >> "better". The only reason I want this functionality is to make my

    software
    >> available to windoze users--despite their unfortunate ignorance, they

    are

    Jon Perez <> writes:
    > Actually, I think it's many unix/linux users who are ignorant of just
    > how nice, stable and productive Windows can be as a desktop

    environment.

    > ... and I really mean that. ;-).

    > Thomas Heller:
    > I was waiting for someone to say that.
    > +1.

    Well, I'm with you. I'm sure a lot of people will chime in to
    point out just how flexible and useful and productive Linux
    is as a workstation, but every time I try to use it -- and
    I make an honest effort -- I end up back in Windows where
    I've been at home for 10 years and more. I don't claim
    that Windows has some overall superiority; I merely claim
    that -- as a professional programmer -- I find Windows at
    least as easy and comfortable and productive for my tasks
    as Linux.

    TJG

    http://www.star.net.uk
    Tim Golden, Oct 26, 2005

  2. Tim Golden enlightened us with:
    > Well, I'm with you. I'm sure a lot of people will chime in to point
    > out just how flexible and useful and productive Linux is as a
    > workstation, but every time I try to use it -- and I make an honest
    > effort -- I end up back in Windows

    I'm curious, what do you mean with "it" in the part "every time I try
    to use it"?

    There are different distributions of Linux, and putting them all on
    one big pile is like saying "I've tried Windows, and I really don't
    like it's user interface" and referring to the interface of Windows
    3.1.

    Many people use Fedora (from RedHat) and don't like it. I agree with
    them - I don't like it either. For those people: give Ubuntu Linux a
    go. It's my favourite - and my girlfriend's too btw.

    Sybren
    Frank Zappa
    Sybren Stuvel, Oct 26, 2005