Re: page-break-before: always

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Jukka K. Korpela, Oct 28, 2010.

  1. sheldonlg wrote:

    > I have code where I have a section with page-break-before: always.

    URL?

    > In IE8 it works perfectly.
    > -- The stuff before this displays.
    > -- The stuff after this does not display.

    What?? Why should page-break-before: always prevent anything from being
    displayed?

    > Has anyone come across this before and does anyone have any
    > suggestions?

    Post the URL.

    > In the page I have:

    Poor choice of class name.

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    Jukka K. Korpela, Oct 28, 2010

  2. Jukka K. Korpela

    C A Upsdell Guest

    On 2010-10-28 17:11, Jukka K. Korpela wrote:
    >> I have code where I have a section with page-break-before: always.

    >> In IE8 it works perfectly.
    >> -- The stuff before this displays.
    >> -- The stuff after this does not display.

    > What?? Why should page-break-before: always prevent anything from being
    > displayed?

    I have seen this too, though I don't remember in which browser.
    Doubtless a bug.

    C A Upsdell, Oct 29, 2010

  3. sheldonlg wrote:
    > On 10/28/2010 5:11 PM, Jukka K. Korpela wrote:
    >> sheldonlg wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have code where I have a section with page-break-before: always.

    >> URL?

    > Sorry, this is from an intranet site accessible from the outside only
    > via VPN.

    This is a very *tired* old excuse. Create a sample test case that
    exhibits the problem, stripped of all "sensitive" information and place
    on a public server and post the URL. And yes there are free hosting
    options available if you do not have a public server for your example.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO