Re: page-break-before: always

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Mike S, Oct 29, 2010.

  1. Mike S

    Mike S Guest

    On 10/28/2010 1:27 PM, sheldonlg wrote:
    > I have code where I have a section with page-break-before: always.
    >
    > In IE8 it works perfectly.
    > -- The stuff before this displays.
    > -- The stuff after this does not display.
    > -- On print preview the stuff after this shows as a separate page.
    >
    > In FF 3.6.11 it does not work.
    > -- The stuff before it displays.
    > -- The stuff after it displays.
    > -- In print preview the stuff after it does not appear at all.
    >
    > Has anyone come across this before and does anyone have any suggestions?
    >
    > In the page I have:
    >
    > and in the css I have:
    > .pbrkb {
    > page-break-before: always;
    > }

    Does this apply?

    http://old.nabble.com/page-break-after:always----broken-td18684047.html

    http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Chrome/thread?tid=32f9d9629d6f6789&hl=en

    I may have discovered the reason for your difficulty. In the CSS2
    specification, there is a cautionary note under the page break properties:

    "User Agents must apply these properties to block-level elements in the
    normal flow of the root element. User agents may also apply these
    properties to other elements, e.g., 'table-row' elements."

    I think this note means that page breaks in tables are not guaranteed to
    work in every browser. They are optional in tables. If it is practical
    for you, close the table before the page break, put in the page break,
    and reopen the table after the page break.
    [1] 13.3.1 Page break properties: 'page-break-before',
    'page-break-after', 'page-break-inside'(Web) www.w3.org
    Mike S, Oct 29, 2010