Re: Page footer

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Rafal 'Raf256' Maj, Oct 3, 2003.

  1. news:

    >> data... data... data...
    >> <!-- many lines here -->
    >> end of data
    >> ofcourse <div>'s must be pusted to each page. And is there maybe some
    >> way to use in HTML+CSS something like "page numer" ?

    > Why? Most (all?) browsers will print the page numbers anyway.

    Because I need to customize this settings (i.e. add copyright information,
    select font/size/color etc).

    --
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~l-.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    GG-1175498 ____| ]____,
    Rafal 'Raf256' Maj, Oct 3, 2003

  2. Rafal 'Raf256' Maj

    rf Guest

    "Rafal 'Raf256' Maj" <> wrote in message

    > >> data... data... data...
    > >> <!-- many lines here -->
    > >> end of data
    > >> ofcourse <div>'s must be pusted to each page. And is there maybe some
    > >> way to use in HTML+CSS something like "page numer" ?

    > > Why? Most (all?) browsers will print the page numbers anyway.

    > Because I need to customize this settings (i.e. add copyright information,
    > select font/size/color etc).

    The web is not desktop publishing.

    Cheers
    Richard.
    rf, Oct 3, 2003

  3. Rafal 'Raf256' Maj

    Adrienne Guest

    Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Rafal 'Raf256' Maj"
    <> writing in

    >>> data... data... data...
    >>> <!-- many lines here -->
    >>> end of data
    >>> ofcourse <div>'s must be pusted to each page. And is there maybe some
    >>> way to use in HTML+CSS something like "page numer" ?

    >> Why? Most (all?) browsers will print the page numbers anyway.

    > Because I need to customize this settings (i.e. add copyright
    > information, select font/size/color etc).

    You can't customize a user's print settings, the user does that. You have
    no control over the font, size or color, because you have no idea what kind
    of printer (if any) the user has. What if the user has an old dot matrix,
    or is printing to fax or something?

    Copyright information should be on the page itself, which will print
    anyway, unless the user is printing only highlighted text.

    There are certain aspects that you can suggest:
    http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/page.html

    --
    Adrienne Boswell
    http://www.arbpen.com