Re: Page Load Event Fires Twice

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Steve C. Orr, MCSD, Jul 9, 2003.

  1. Is it just this one page that has the problem?

    I've heard that Zone Labs' ZoneAlarm Pro can contribute to such problems.
    By any chance are you using it?

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD

    "James Culshaw" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a problem where when I call an ASP.Net page, the page load event
    > fires twice. It doesn't do this when I step through each line of code, but
    > if I do not step through each line of code, or press F5 to continue

    running
    > during the page load event it fires a asecond time. This happens during a
    > get request and not a postback. The secnd time the page load event fires

    the
    > page seems to have lost any reference to the session that it was connected
    > with the first time it fires. Very odd behaviour. I have the

    autoeventwireup

    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, Jul 9, 2003

  2. One classic reason for multiple event fires on Page events is because
    AutoEventWireUp is missing or set to true. It should be false for web pages.

    Wray Smallwood

    > Hi,
    >
    > Its happening on two pages. We are not using Zone Alarm and it happens on
    > more than one developer machine.
    >
    > The pages call themselves when you click on a menu option, but it is via

    GET

    Wray Smallwood, Jul 10, 2003