Re: Parse a Wireshark pcap file

Discussion in 'Python' started by Grant Edwards, Jan 23, 2013.

  1. On 2013-01-23, Kevin Holleran <> wrote:

    > Is there a way to parse out a wireshark pcap file and extract key value
    > pairs from the data?

    You can use pylibpcap to read pcap files (or to capture live data).
    I'm afraid I don't know what "parse out" or "extract key value pairs"
    means. pylibpcap doesn't have access to any of wireshark's packet
    disecter plugins, if that's what you're after.

    > I am illustrated a sniff of some traffic and why it needs utilize
    > HTTPS instead of HTTP but I was hoping to run the pcap through a
    > python script and just output some interesting key value pairs....

    To what does "key value pairs" refer?

    --
    Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! I am a traffic light,
    at and Alan Ginzberg kidnapped
    Grant Edwards, Jan 23, 2013