Re: parse an environment file

Discussion in 'Python' started by Chris Angelico, Oct 1, 2012.

  1. On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 10:11 AM, Jason Friedman <> wrote:
    > $ env
    >
    > produces about 100 entries, most of which are provided by my .bashrc;
    > cron provides only a limited number of environment variables.
    >
    > I want my python 3.2.2 script, called via cron, to know what those
    > additional variables are. How?

    Looking into my crystal ball, I'm wondering if perhaps what you're
    asking is for your cron job to have environment variables that aren't
    set by cron, ones that you can see in your bash environment. This is a
    common issue (usually with $PATH), and by no means Python-specific. A
    quick web search will bring up some results, for instance:

    http://www.google.com/search?q=cron environment variables
    http://duckduckgo.com/?q=cron environment variables
    http://www.bing.com/search?q=cron environment variables

    If this isn't what you're asking about, please consider clarifying
    your question :)

    Chris Angelico
    Chris Angelico, Oct 1, 2012