Re: parse an environment file

Discussion in 'Python' started by Chris Angelico, Oct 3, 2012.

  1. On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 1:49 PM, Jason Friedman <> wrote:
    > Based on your responses and everyone's responses I'm guessing that
    > what I am doing is sufficiently novel that there is no canned
    > solution. I looked at shlex but did not see how that would be
    > helpful.

    The only canned solution for parsing a bash script is bash. Think
    about it the other way around: If you wanted to have a Python variable
    made available to a bash script, the obvious thing to do is to invoke
    Python. It's the same thing.

    I recommend going with Hans Mulder's suggestion of a wrapper script;
    that seems to be the cleanest option available.

    ChrisA

    Chris Angelico, Oct 3, 2012